Friday, August 28, 2009

In my head

Honestly, I'm not sure if I will be able to convince 100 people to pay me $3.50 for 20 minutes of labor. Actually, it is the people that don't know me I'm worried about. Well, not worried, but I know that they will be less inclined to participate. I'm trying to put myself in their place. My idea could sound like a scam to people, especially given all the scams there are on the net. Perhaps I need to rewrite the project....so it sounds more like art. Because it is. Certainly, it is about paying my October rent so I have some financial breathing room. But it's also about engaging. I've wanted my art to facilitate connections for some time. I mean, it does but I like the idea of it being ABOUT connecting to community. I also like the idea that I don't know how this project will end. Most of my work starts with a kernel of an idea and grows from there. I have had one angry response to my project so far. I think the person saw it as a hand out. I should emphasize that I'm willing to work for it. Money is certainly a touch subject, understandably. But I'm trying to be proactive and do what I do best: make art. I'm also no solitary artist. I prefer to collaborate.

No comments:

Post a Comment